|More to follow from Jan and Carey
Monsters and Creatures Vocabulary Word List (325)
|Get a Print Out of this Word List|
Links to vocabulary words lists and puzzles for various animal types:
Mammoths and extinction (73)
Monsters-creatures (304) - you are here.
Raptors & hawks (173)
Tortoises & turtles (161)
Links below will take you to themed puzzles with vocabulary activities specifically related to 5 different animal-types and their environments.
Biology and Insects vocabulary puzzles
Monsters & Scary Creatures vocabulary puzzles
Oceans vocabulary puzzles
Tropical Rain Forests vocabulary puzzles
48 Mythology words in interactive puzzles
CREATURES and MONSTERScould appear in many places!:
Imagine them in face painting, in fortune telling, at game booths, in haunted house, at a jump house, on a scavenger hunt or when sponge painting.
Suggested Monsters and Creatures lesson plans and activities from www.myvocabulary.com
1. Have students/friends draw or find pictures of items suggestive of creatures/monsters:
2. Make, buy or cook some food that would be \"unusual:\"
3. Name groups of things that are scary:
4. Create a list of safety procedures to avoid creatures/monsters:
5. Find/bring into class something a monster might own, wear etc.\"
6. Discover as many vocabulary words as possible that include the letters in the words creature and or monster. Write a story or poem using the first letter of the word!
7. Carve/decorate masks and have a contest with \"prizes:\"
8. Make-up or find a scary story you can share using books, newspaper or something you\'ve heard:
9. Have a contest to name items to be put in a brew, pot:
10. Make a list of ways a creature could move or \"travel:\"
11. As a group, decide what kinds of people could get along with monsters/creatures (someone in the news, a cartoon figure, a comic character or someone you know!)
More Monsters and Creatures Lesson Plans and discussion questions
1. Do you know the legend of Jack \'O Lantern, an Irish folktale? Explain
2. Mary Shelley wrote a book in 1818 about a famous monster. Can you name this creature? What do you know about the story?
www.myvocabulary.com offers more than 610 word lists. To see Halloween, Monsters and Creatures vocabulary word list, please go to the home page for word games with Latin roots, interactive worksheets, word puzzles and themed content that align with Common Core Standards. 2500 pages of free content are available without registration, ads or fees. There are no fees.