|Ancient Egypt |
| Vocabulary Word List: , Egyptian word list:
amulet, antiquity, Anubis, archaeologist, artifact, cartouche, colossus, deity, dynasty, embalm, excavator, hieroglyphics, immortality, inscription, mummification, obelisk, pharaoh, pyramid, sarcophagus, shawabti, sphinx, talisman, tomb
|Vocabulary Word List for Egypt (129)
|A) Afterlife, Alexandria, Ancient, Ankh, Answers, Anubis, Arabic, Archaeology, Archeologist, Artistry, Aswan Dam, Authentic, Authority|
|B) Bedouin, Berber, Birthplace, Burial|
|C) Cairo, Caliph, Camel, Canopic jars, Caravan, Cartouches, Civilization, Cleopatra, Column, Communication, Contributions, Control, Copt, Cotton, Creativity|
|D) Death mask, Decoration, Delta, Desert, Dhows, Dig, Discovery, Document, Documentation, Dye|
|E) Embalm, Entomb, Expansion|
|F) Farming, Fellahin, Felucca, Fertile, Floods|
|G) Galabiyah, Glory, God, Goddess|
|H) Henna, Herdsmen, Hidden, Hieroglyphics, Historic, Historical|
|I) Imagination, Inscription, Irrigation, Islam|
|K) Karnak, Kemet, Khamsin wind, Kingdom, Kohl|
|M) Mameluke, Mediterranean, Monument, Mosque, Mummification, Mummy, Muslim, Mythology|
|N) Nation, Natron, Nefertiti, Nile, Nubian|
|P) Papyrus, Pharaoh, Prehistoric, Pyramid|
|R) Ramesses, Republic, Retaliation, Riches, Ritual, Rosetta Stone|
|S) Sacred, Sacrifice, Sahara, Saladin, Sarcophagus, Scarab, Scribe, Search, Shadoof, Sinai Peninsula, Sphinx, Suez Canal|
|T) Temperature, Temple, Thebes, Tomb, Transportation, Treasure, Tutankhamon|
|U) Unearth, Unique, Unusual|
|V) Valley of the Kings, Veil, Verification, Village|
|W) Wadi, Wadjet, Waterway|
|Many thanks to Nancy Herlihy, Art teacher, Queen of Angels Catholic School, Roswell, GA who contributed Egypt word list (25 words.)
The Egyptian flag
Red = sacrifice
White = purity
Black = past
Hawk = tribe of Muhammad
Egypt Lesson Plan and discussion: Discuss these contrasts.
1. Notable differences exist between living in a city like Cairo and Alexandria and away from them.
2.What differences exist between a Bedouin or Fellahin?
3. Choose a major city like Alexandria, Aswan, Cairo, Gaza, Port Said, or Suez and give a presentation to your class.
4. What is the official name of Egypt?
5. The Suez Canal is of vital importance. Explain why, when and how Egypt gained control over its operation?
6. Many god and goddesses are part of mythology. Study three of the following and share information: Amon, Anubis, Horis, Isis, Osiris, Re, Set or Thoth
7. Egypt has made significant contributions to the world in art, calendar, furniture, mathematics, monuments and writings. Expand upon this statement. Give examples to support your opinion.
www.myvocabulary.com offers more than 515 word lists. To see moreHistory vocabulary word lists, please go to the home page for interactive word games, word puzzles and themed content that align with CCSS. 2500 pages of free content at www.myvocabulary.com are available only online. There are no fees.